Sentinel change log
The development history of the Sentinel:
Final version 1.0 changes:
- Really fixed weapon switching by moving Deployer to slot 0.
- Split mutator into separate weapon and power-up replacement mutators.
- Fixed Sentinels not being destroyed when the owner changes team in
Beta 5 changes:
- Icons added. Ammo icon changes to indicate which type of Sentinel may be
spawned at the current pitch.
- Added centred weapons support.
- Fixed constant beeping when a Sentinel could hear but not see an enemy.
- Sentinels will shoot at your head if only your head is visible, i.e. if
you can see the Sentinel, it can probably see you.
- Maybe fixed 'xxx's Sentinel entered the game' messages when a new player
- Mutator settings now visible in the server browser.
- Added option to configure Sentinel limit per gametype.
- Sentinels are destroyed when a round ends in BR, otherwise the game moves
them to a playerstart.
- Fixed Sentinels not shooting each other (again).
- Removed dependency on Epic Bonus Pack.
- Fixed Sentinels being destroyed as soon as they are placed in the Team
- Improved the way the minimum spawn height for ceiling Sentinels is
applied, making them easier to place.
- Increased damage taken from Ion Cannons.
- Added mutator option to give Sentinel as an extra default weapon (with no
ammo to start with).
- Fixed floor Sentinels occasionally landing at a slight angle.
- Fixed can't switch to the Assault Rifle using NextWeapon.
- Fixed not being able to sabotage without ammo.
Beta 4 changes:
- Movers now crush Sentinels, so they can't block lifts.
- Added minimum spawn height for ceiling Sentinels so they hopefully can't
be placed low enough to block large Invasion monsters.
- Limited number of Sentinels per player, dependant on gametype.
- No team-lights in Invasion.
- Both Sentinel types are now spawned from primary fire, depending on
whether you are pointing up or down.
- Secondary fire now repairs friendly Sentinels, and sabotages enemy
- Pressing primary-fire at your own Sentinel will destroy it, returning half
its ammo cost, scaled by remaining health.
- Sentinels die one minute after you die in Invasion unless the wave has
been won by then.
- Fixed Invasion/LMS games not always ending if a Sentinel was the last
- Fixed cannon not needing to turn all the way toward the target before they
- Fixed firing animations not showing on-line.
- Added splash damage when a Sentinel is destroyed (no splash damage for
destroying your own Sentinel with the Deployer, or when sabotaging an enemy
- Slowed ceiling Sentinel projectiles.
- Made it easier to deploy ceiling Sentinels.
- Added a base to the ceiling Sentinels (purely decorative, to help hide any
gaps there may be between the Sentinel and the ceiling).
- Added helpful messages if the deployer can't deploy or repair for some
Beta 3 changes:
- Fixed crashing when switching teams.
- Fixed Sentinels showing up as players in the server browser.
- Sentinels now appear on the scoreboard, so you can see how many and where
- Name-tags show name as xxx's Sentinel, so they can't be mistaken
for a real player.
- Increased ceiling Sentinel range.
- Fixed explosion and 'gib' effects not showing on-line (again).
- Increased difficulty of telefragging.
Beta 2 changes:
- Sentinels now take friendly-fire, according to the game's friendly-fire
scale setting, except in non-team-games, where they always take 100% damage.
- Fixed Sentinels not wanting to shoot each other.
- Increased pickup respawn time from 60 to 120 seconds, to reduce build-up
of placed Sentinels.
- Team coloured projectiles. In non-team-games, the floor Sentinel is red,
ceiling Sentinel is blue.
- Explosion and 'gib' effects show properly on-line now.
- Improved visibility of pickup.
- Added damage sounds and overlay to make it easier to tell if you have hit
a Sentinel or not.
- Bots often have trouble navigating around Sentinels.
- Model appears upside-down in weapon preference menu.
- Error messages appear very large at lower resolutions.
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions or comments, please e-mail them